Friday, September 7, 2007

Today's Pattern...

In looking over the patterns as related to my interests towards developing this system for pattern language design, I was drawn to "Wholesome Design for Wicked Problems" written by Rob Knapp at Evergreen State College, as a pattern that lies at the applied focus of what this system is meant to do. In many ways this pattern represents exactly what I hope this system will support and represents the central pattern from which all other patterns will connect to.

Also, beyond the system itself this pattern really represent what I'm emphasizing in my entire program how do we address design in a way that deals with "wicked problems?"

Anyway, when I get to a certain point I'm going to construct a pattern map that will show the various patterns I have focused on as holistic design for my overall research.

No comments: